Re: Threading under EMC- lathe branch ?

> One big question I have is, what are the usual parameters to the lathe
> threading G33 and G34 codes?
>
> Chris

oh,thats a BIG can-o-worms :-)

lathe threading code (and many other lathe functions) varies from
maker to maker even more than the mill 'flavors' of G-code
(threading with G31-35,G71,76,86-88,92,etc...)

this file shows the same part posted to a number of lathe controls
http://shopcam.com/_private/lathe-posts.pdf
shop,compare,take aspirin ;-)

it seems to me that many of the codes and functions for lathes would
conflict with the mill versions or simply not apply to mills at all
(lap cycles,constant surface footage,auto chamfering,etc-again...)

it might be better to branch a dedicated lathe version of the interpreter
than to try to shoehorn the mill version into a lathe control ($.02)

Brian