Re: Threading under EMC

For single point threading I think I would want
more than a spindle position, i.e. index point.

a. it would be nice to have direction; therefore
quatuature as there are times when running the
spindle in the other direction is nice.

b. more points on the encoder helps the signal
averaging. Since I suspect one is going to have to
make this disk anyway, 32 or 64 points in
quaduature plus the index channel should be quite
adequate.

As I am a long ways from servoing the spindle on
the lathe I am very interested in this approach.
i.e. constant speed (?) spindle and servo's on z
and x.

Keep up the thinking and good work.

Dave