RE: EMC setup

I have several machines running steppers and the faster the computer the
better.  But, I do have an old packard bell p100 that engraves reliably all
day long.  It will do 25 ipm with 5 tpi ballscrews and a 2:1 belt ratio.
I have an AMD k6 550 that runs a router at 150 ipm  but also has direct
drive and about 5 tpi ballscrews (about because it's metric).
My AMDk6 233 runs Servo Lite drives at about 50 ipm with 2:1 belt drive and
5 tpi ballscrews.  There are a lot of mechanical gremlins in my machines (
I didn't preload the bearings right and the bearings are cheap).  So, your
mileage may vary.

Thanks,
Dan