Re: [RE: emc really needs a copyleft cad/cam package]

Hi Wally

 Cascade would appear to be a set of libraries and tools to develope a
CAD type application. Equally, it could be used for CMM CAM or even
intelligent imaging (computor vision ??), perhaps use could be found in
virtual reality system as well.
Having made a start at downloading the source files and documentation, it
would appear that the GUI can be implimented in Tcl/tk. Being a very large
source file, this is going to take a long time to compile !!

Would someone care to explain the difference between a GPL and opensource
licence - To me, they look to be pretty much the same thing.

Regards, Paul.