Re[1]: iosh.cc & /usr/include/sys/io.h conflict.

hello;

okay; 3 it is. may i name the new c file iosh.c?
i realize that may confuse some people but that
is really what it is.

On Mon, 23 Oct 2000, Fred Proctor wrote:

"Terry L. Ridder" wrote:

terrylr> basically, we have several options:
terrylr> 1. edited /usr/include/sys/io.h every time
terrylr>    glibc is updated.
terrylr> 2. change iosh.cc to iosh.c so that the g++
terrylr>    compiler does not die on what it sees as
terrylr>    c++ syntax, when is really is gnu embedded
terrylr>    assembly syntax.
terrylr> 3. extract from iosh.cc the functions which
terrylr>    are using /usr/include/sys/io.h embedded
terrylr>    assembly and put them in a new c program
terrylr>    file.

fred>
fred> I vote for (3). The problem is that iosh.cc needs some C++ to handle the
fred> NML comm buffers, AND some C to handle the io.h problem. The only place
fred> io.h is needed is for the inb()/outb() stuff, which can be compiled as
fred> C, and then linked in to the main body of iosh.cc with the C++ linker.
fred> The alternative is to strip out the C++ stuff (NML), but this is harder.
fred>
fred> --Fred
fred>

--
Terry L. Ridder
Blue Danube Software (Blaue Donau Software)

digging deep, i feel my conscience burn
i need to know who and what i am
this hunger jolts me from complacency
rocks me, makes me meet myself