Re: EMC and metric units

Paul Corner wrote:

>  One last question - Why does an active G41,G42 mode trigger an error when a
> G00 move is encountered ?

This isn't an absolutely clear error condition, but the G41 and G42 modal
commands
indicate that after one move the tool should be in contact with the workpiece
until
the move when a G40 is issued to end the cutter radius compensation.
A G00 is a rapid move at whatever rate the machine is capable of, and would
be assumed to never have the tool contacting the workpiece.  So, it is not too
surprising that the interpreter would consider there to be something wrong in
such a condition.

Also, in most cases, the quality of positioning accuracy is quite degraded during

G00 moves, as following error would be expected to be at its worst at the
maximum speed.  So, again, it would be a strange thing to have the tool
cutting a surface of the part while the machine is developing the worst errors
it is capable of!

I don't believe I've ever seen this error, since I would not intentionally do
this,
but I suppose it could happen if you abort a program while cutter radius
compensation is on, and then try to go back to the starting point.