Re: Precompiled RT kernel

Ian Wright wrote:

> Hi Jon,
>
> I tried the insmod command early on and it just says it can't find the
> modules. I'll look a bit deeper and see if there is anything to test the
> kernel operation. However, its not going to be much good if EMC won't work
> with it. It will be a shame as the upgrade to RTLinux and the install of emc
> from precompiled binaries certainly make for an easy install which is what
> we need for the tyros.

No, I meant the EMC modules that use RT support.  That would be
something like one of the following, from the .ini file :

; Name of motion control program
; EMCMOT =  steppermod.o
EMCMOT =  stgmod.o
; EMCMOT =  stg8mod.o
; EMCMOT =  emcmotsim

Maybe all you need to do is remove the lines that look like :

# Install RT-Linux scheduler module, if it's not installed
if ! /sbin/lsmod | grep rtl_sched 1> /dev/null 2> /dev/null ; then
  /sbin/insmod -f /usr/src/rtl/modules/rtl_sched
fi

from the run.xxx file, as this would be a redundant thing to do, if
the module was permanently installed.