dispatcher functions errors

Hello,

I was wondering if anyone on this list had any
experience writing their own dispatcher functions.  I
have written them for my hardware, compiled them,
edited the emc.ini file to include my module, but when
I run EMC, it gives me an error saying that
"plat/rtlinux_2_2/mymodule.o does not exist or is not
executable".

I took a look in the directory, and my module was
there, and looked about the same size as the other
modules (stgmod.o for example).  I tried this on two
occasions.  First I made sure that the stg module
worked.  I edited the ampfault function so that I can
run EMC with this module, home any axis, and jog it
(and see the commanded position increase).  Then I
copied stg.c to mymot.c, stg.h to mymot.h, and
extstgmot.c to extmymot.c.  Then the only thing I
changed in the files themselves were the #include's to
mymot.h

The second time, I took the extstgmot.c copied it into
extmymota.c, and stubbed out all functions (ie. return
0 for all) except for the functions that return the
number of DAC's and Encoders.  for those I returned 3.

In both cases, I updated the Makefile so that I could
compile them (make PLAT=rtlinux_2_0 all).

I was wondering if this might have something to do
with the ident string that is at the top of the
dispatcher implementation c files?

Thank you in advance for any help,
Garrett.