Re: EMC following errors

Ray wrote:

> > > I've had a problem of late with steppermod on my 2.2.14 kernel.  I loose
> > > several of the values in the ini file whenever I get an error message
> > > from the motion stuff and EMC attempts to write its current values to the
> > > ini file.  It does the same when I shut EMC down.
> > >

> > I noticed the same thing, I thought I was cracking up. Has emc allways
> > written to the ini file, or is this new?
>
> This has been around for a while.  My guess is that this is a first step
> toward auto tuning.  There were several posts on how it is done a few
> months back.

There are a number of things that are kept in the .ini file from one run to the
next.  There are offsets between the home position and the 10 user coordinate
settings, any changes to the axis setup parameters, and things like that.
These are written out so that the same offsets can be reestablished the next
time you run EMC.