Re: gotit! emc on 2.2.14 Thanks Ray

  Ok, I installed emc on red hat 6.1 again, this time
I took better notes!

   My setup is

     red hat 6.1
     gnome workstation install
     rtlinux-2.2-prepatched.tar.gz file from site
listed on linuxcnc.org
     june 7 emc

   Just two small differences,

 First, the rtlinux install

   After following all directions on installing the
rtlinux-2.2 kernel, I had two files that needed
permissions changed before it would let me see the
examples operate. Those files are, rmrtl and insrtl
and they are both in the rtlinux-2.2 directory. all
other instructions from linuxcnc.org worked flawless.

 Now for emc, first one you will come to is that you
only need to edit two of the three files referenced on
linuxcnc.org The rtlinux_2_0.def and the
linux_2_0_13.def Now just DONT do the "fpermissive"
edit inside these files. They still need to be changed
so they point to rtlinux_2_2, and linux_2_2_14 as
linuxcnc.org states.

  If you are going to run steppermod.o then comment
out the period variable in your .ini file, and have a
good time thats all there is too it.

  I still got lots of warnings about files being
called more than once, but they dont seem to hurt
things.

  I took better notes this time and all other steps
are the same as on linuxcnc.org.

hope this helps someone,

   Andrew