Re: may 5 install

William Scalione wrote:

> My only suggestion would be to try it on another hard drive
> so if you have any problems you can pop the 5.2 drive back in
> and be back to your original configuration in minutes. That's
> what I did and am glad I did. I have yet to get 6.1 running
> but I can always go back to my old version. Good luck.

Well, staying with one operating system makes it a lot easier and
quicker.  You have to save the .ini file and anything else you
customized
in another directory.  I keep the .tgz files in another directory so
they
don't disappear, also.  I can do a ./clean and rebuild a particular
version of EMC in about 20 minutes, and if I don't like the results,
I can go back in another 20 minutes.