Re: Tkemc problems

Dan Falck wrote:

> >> emcsh.cc 321: emcStatus buffer not available
> >>
> >> What affects this?  It seems like someone else on this list had this
> >> problem too, but I can't remember who or what the name of the
> >> thread was on
> >> this subject.
> >>
> >> On the release prior to the last one, I substituted an older emcsh file
> >> (from January) in order to see if things worked any differently.
> >> The trick
> >> seemed to work, but I want to know what happened to make Tkemc a problem.
> >> Who else is running Tkemc on the latest Mar-15 release of EMC?

I ran the Mar-15 version of 2.0.36 EMC, and the TkEmc UI.  It gave the
above message once or twice, but then came up.  The first time, it
hung the UI within 30 seconds.  I was able to kill it and get back to the
command prompt.  The second time, it ran for about 30-45 minutes, and
hung all of XFree86, and I had to reboot.  (I forgot to try telnet'ing into
it, to see if it was just X that was hung.  The RT section was still running
fine, but I don't know about the rest of Linux.)

Anyway, after that much trouble, I went back to 20-Dec-1999, since it
has been totally troublefree.  I tried out the backlash compensation, and
it seems to work, in the Mar-15 version.  I looked into the analog spindle
conrol, and it apears sections of code are missing, and the spindle speed
command won't get to the DACs.

I am running a servo system with a Servo-to-Go card.