Tkemc problems

On the last couple of releases of EMC, I have had trouble getting Tkemc to
come up.  Lately, there hasn't been much time for me to work with it until
this last weekend.  Xemc comes up OK and seems to function.  But, when I
try to run with Tkemc, I get this error at the command prompt:

emcsh.cc 321: emcStatus buffer not available

What affects this?  It seems like someone else on this list had this
problem too, but I can't remember who or what the name of the thread was on
this subject.

On the release prior to the last one, I substituted an older emcsh file
(from January) in order to see if things worked any differently.  The trick
seemed to work, but I want to know what happened to make Tkemc a problem.
Who else is running Tkemc on the latest Mar-15 release of EMC?

Thanks,
Dan