PID tuning

Posted to both CAD_CAM... and EMC Lists

I'm working up a page for the emc handbook <www.linuxcnc.org> on PID axis
tune and would like stuff from as many as have worked with tuning. (emc or
other)

Links you like and/or use?

Books and papers?

Auto Tune software you've used?

Descriptions of how you go about tuning a machine up?

Specific EMC settings for machines.
	Download version
	machine(s)
		- size, axis weights, ratios, motor size and such.
	Describe the emc setup - file selections.
	Axis settings that you are reasonably happy with.
	Tuning process description.

You could attach your complete running version of the ??.ini and I'll
include a set of ftp's.

Don't worry about writing skill 'cause I'll standardize the descriptions
some and spit-shine it after a while.

To reduce clutter, it may be best to send stuff to me off list.

Ray - rehenry-at-up.net
Michigan's U.P.