Re: Homebrew STG card - KISS

-----Original Message-----
From: Paul Corner <Paul.Corner-at-tesco.net>
To: Multiple recipients of list <emc-at-nist.gov>
Date: Saturday, March 04, 2000 12:13 PM
Subject: Re: Homebrew STG card - KISS

>The basic
>design currently has a minimum chip count of six. Five of these are low
cost
>TTL beffers and address decoders and one LS7266R1.
>This gives a basic two axis DRO and/or feed back for steppers - cost,
around
>$20, plus board. By adding some more encoder inputs, a couple of 8255's,
DAC
>and buffers, the toal cost shouldn't be much more than $160 to $200. >
>BTW How many people are interested in this project - enough to justify a
small
>run of PCB's ? - And is there any takers to write the software module ?

Im in way over my head as far as the electronics stuff (Im learning a lot,
though), and Im not sure if I understand correctly but if this is a card
that can drive both steppers AND servos [not simultaneously, in my case
anyway] then I would want one for sure, possibly two. How much more would it
cost assembled?

Patrick