Re: Homebrew STG card

Matt Shaver wrote:

> > From: Jon Elson <jmelson-at-artsci.wustl.edu>
> > I thought of one other use!
>
> Both of your ideas are more interesting than mine! Can you quantify the
> requirements (# of bits, input scale, speed, etc.) for the A/Ds to implement
> your two ideas?

For the EDM, an update of 10 times a second would be fine.  So, it could
probably be implemented in the user interface, although an interface to
the motion control would be better.  The problem is that if debris shorts
out the wire/electrode, you need to back up, and then resume the feed.

For the joystick, I would think that tying it in through the user interface
would be fine.