Re: Backplotter & tkemc

Ray,

Thanks for the info on the Tk stuff in the dropbox. You can put
attachments in email to me. Our firewall checks them for viruses but
otherwise they come through clean.

I was thinking about how you and I and others can edit the GUI files and
keep consistent. There's a program called CVS (Concurrent Versioning
System), which is based on the Revision Control System I use for
versioning. CVS allows multiple edits on the same file, and merges the
changes, assuming there's no overlap in the pieces within the file. I
haven't used it but it's supposedly pretty good.

The trouble is that it's designed to be used by people who can all mount
the same directory. So it's not too convenient for us. I'm looking
around for an alternative or a recommended way to use CVS in a group
like ours. If you come across anything let me know.

For now, I'll redo my edits into your files and get them back to you for
posting on the dropbox. This won't happen for a couple of weeks since
I'll be on travel a lot.

--Fred