Re: G92-program zero

Joel Jacobs wrote:

> Could someone please explain to me how to stop a running program or even
> re-run a program without trashing program zero?  I set program zero with g92
> before running the program.  If I abort the program or if the program
> exicutes M30 (program end and rewind) my program zero gets trashed.  This is
> really frustrating as I have to tear everything down and start over with the
> test indicator etc to find zero again.  Please help...
>
> Thanks
> Joel

 From the RS274NGC version 3 interpreter manual:

-----------

To end a program, program M2. To exchange pallet shuttles and then end a program, program M30. Both of these commands have the following effects.

    * 1. Axis offsets are set to zero (like G92.2) and origin offsets are set to the default (like G54).
    * 2. Selected plane is set to CANON_PLANE_XY (like G17).
    * 3. Distance mode is set to MODE_ABSOLUTE (like G90).
    * 4. Feed rate mode is set to UNITS_PER_MINUTE (like G94).
    * 5. Feed and speed overrides are set to ON (like M48).
    * 6. Cutter compensation is turned off (like G40).
    * 7. The spindle is stopped (like M5).
    * 8. The current motion mode is set to G_1 (like G1).
    * 9. Coolant is turned off (like M9).

No more lines of code in an RS274/NGC file will be executed after the M2 or M30 command is executed. Pressing cycle start will start the program back at the beginning of the file.

-----------

End of manual paste.

If you abort, the interpreter will still find the M2 at the end of a
program and clear the offsets.

Perhaps instead of the M2, use % at the beginning and end of the
program. I think the old interpreter handled M2 differently.

-- Will

William Penn Shackleford III			shackle-at-nist.gov
National Institute of Standards & Technology	Tel:	(301) 975-4286
100 Bureau Drive Stop 8230  			FAX:	(301) 990-9688
Gaithersburg MD  20899  USA
http://www.isd.mel.nist.gov/personnel/shackleford/
Office Location: Bldg. 220 Rm A253