G92-program zero

Could someone please explain to me how to stop a running program or even
re-run a program without trashing program zero?  I set program zero with g92
before running the program.  If I abort the program or if the program
exicutes M30 (program end and rewind) my program zero gets trashed.  This is
really frustrating as I have to tear everything down and start over with the
test indicator etc to find zero again.  Please help...

Thanks
Joel