Re: New mailing list for EMC users

Paul wrote:

> Is there a date for shutdown of emc-at-nist.gov - Or should we cc both lists ?

Good question.  I was just thinking about that subject.  I was planning
to wait a week or so, then send another message out on the NIST
list asking people to move.  Then wait another week and finally ask
Will to turn the list into an autoresponder that replies "Sorry, closed,
try emc-users" and gives the web address to join.  As far as CC'ing,
I'm using the new list exclusively, unless the message specificly
applies to folks who haven't moved yet.

Will:
How many subscribers were on the old list?  We have 48 so far
on the new list.  When the number on the new list is close to the
old list, then we probably have everybody (at least all the ones
who care).  What do you think about the timing of the transition?

John Kasunich