Re: [Emc-users] EMC + SCARA robots?

Hi Saga

On Friday 16 May 2003 9:45 pm, Sagar Behere wrote:
> 1) Lets assume that I've coded the scara* files. So
> now what? I'll probably have to recompile something
> else also, in addition to the scara* files. What is
> that "something"?

First, you will need to have done a Developers Install from the BDI. This
will provide you with the EMC sources and tools to recompile. Use
/usr/local/compile to do an initial build - This will put all the headers and
component object files in the correct locations.

> 2) After the recompilation of <whatever> is done, I'll
> somehow have to stick this together with emc...i.e,
> make emc "see" and use this. What is the necessary
> glue?

With your scarakins.c & h in emc/src/emcmot, I'd suggest the quick'n dirty
method of replacing each reference to genhexkins with scarakins - From within
emc/src/emcmot, run a "make PLAT=rtlinux_3_0" to produce a minitetramod.o
linked with your scarakins.

Substituting freqmod.o with minitetramod.o in the generic.ini file will be
the last step before tuning the individual parameters to suit your motors.

Regards, Paul.

--

"To err is human...to really f*** things up requires the root password."