MAT PLC as an EMC HAL?

Matt posted several links to MatPLC stuff, and I've been looking at
them with much interest.  Those folks have done much of what I had
in mind, in some cases far better than I even imagined.  On the other
hand, right now their stuff runs in user space only, and does not
appear fast enough for EMC.  It is definitely worth following up on,
and I have subscribed to their mailing list.  Rev 0.02 of the HAL is
going to wait until I have a chance to digest what they are doing.

I am preparing a post to their list that explains how EMC works and
where we are going with our HAL.  I'd like to hear what they think,
and determine if the MatPLC architecture can be made fast
enough for motion control.

I'll post updates as I learn more.

John Kasunich