Re: Hardware Abstraction Layer - Rev 0.01

On Wednesday 07 May 2003 17:09, you wrote:
> ?"Judging from the deafening silence after I posted my proposal...

<...>

> Yea.. Given the enthusiasm of the discussions at NAMES...

I wouldn't necessarily interpret the silence as disinterest. I've printed out
the prelim HAL spec & have been reading it over (and over...) with great
interest. I hope to have some intelligent comments to post shortly! I also
talked with Fred on the phone today and he said he hadn't read the HAL
proposal yet, but would look at it in the next day or so. I have the
impression that Fred & Will pay more attention to the emc-developers list
than emc-at-nist.gov, and that explains their seemingly peculiar silence thus
far.

Me personally, I've got to:

1. Make some money.
2. Understand the EMC code better.

before I can contribute, but give it some time and I think you'll see stuff
start to happen. The documentation/education issue is the most important
right now.

> BTW, since no one else commented....THANKs for taking it this far,
> you've really put a lot of your thought and experience into this.

Hey, me too! There'll be more activity soon I'm sure.

Matt