Re: test results

On Wednesday 19 February 2003 03:27 pm, Hassan wrote:
> Hi Ray,
>
> I made the changes to INI file, and tested the machine again, and
> definitely I had a better results. you can compare the current results
> with the older one that posted.
> the number of pulses that I subtracted and added to the x and y axis
> was 200.

Dave Engval sent me a couple of links to ballbar.  I see from some of the
online literature that the kind of 45 degree squishing that we see in
your latest plot could be attributed to x and y being non-perpendictular.
The specific article was from Quality Magazine and I quote.

"Squareness error is shown in an oval ballbar plot, and occurs when
normally orthogonal axes are no longer moving at 90 degrees, relative to
one another. This may be because of a bent axis or some other
misalignment. This squareness error oval "tilts" 45 degrees with respect
to the two axes, and remains in the same position regardless of the
direction of travel of the ballbar (CW or CCW)."

The address for that info is below.  You will have to put it back
together and make a single url out of it.  Good luck

http://www.qualitymag.com/execute-vSection-Articles-vSub-Detail-vSideBar-Act
ive-vrID-32784197122C4F248698C9BA450CBE0E-vDate-7B52B3A3BB744965A5ADEDE4A45E
81BE.htm

Having said that about squareness, it does not seem to show this
partictular feature very prominently on the plot made with the other CNC
program.  Perhaps it is simply masked by other larger problems.