Re: Using alternative hardware (for servos).

Hi Dave

Take the extstgmot.c source code, and using it as an example, add extDAC**
functions to extsmdromot.c - Include the extAio** functions as well, but
these can just be stubs that "return 0;".
In the emcmot/Makefile, I'd suggest using stgmod.o for this as it is the
first one in the list - Replace the reference to stg.o with dro.o and do a
"make PLAT=$RTPLAT".

This will give you the basic analog outputs and encoder inputs and digital IO
via the parallel port. The parport base address will be hard coded to 278 as
defined in parport.h.

Some of this is documented in the source notes in emc/documents, and also in
a pdf doc to be found at http://www.linuxcnc.org/BDI/index.html

Regards, Paul.