Re: digital servo controller to offload the Parallel Port?

j.guenther wrote:

>What Les said is true but it would be really nice to have a lower cost
>solution to servo control with EMC than the STG card.  Before you all flame
>me, I know that you can use Gecko 320 / 340 drivers and the there is PPMC
>from Jon Elson and maybe some other solutions.  IMHO for home shop use the
>STG cards are really cost prohibitive, at least in my shop.

But, there's also my Universal Stepper Controller, for only $200.  This
is step/dir output, encoder
input if you have encoders, opto-isolated digital input and solid state
relay output.  See
http://pico-systems.com/univstep.html for more info.  By the way, it has
special features
for the Gecko drive's timing requirements on the direction signal.