Re: Modifying EMC interface for lathe (x and z) display

Hi Howard.

I've got one running here.  The emc does equate axis #0 with x,  #1 with
Y, and #2 with Z.  There does not seem to be a way around this but you
can make the tkemc interface show only x and z by setting your ini file
like this.

; Trajectory planner section--------------------------------
[TRAJ]

AXES =			3
COORDINATES =		X Z
HOME =			0 0 0

The reason you can do this is that tkemc looks at the coordinate names
variable and creates a position display for each name in there.  Having
the three axes defined should be no problem.  This way both x and z words
move the correct axis.

You will not get tool radius offsets, yet.

Hope this helps

Ray