Re: suggestion

----- Original Message -----
From: "John Sheahan"
> as X is needed for emc to run, you can probably assume its there for
> configuration too..

Not sure you're right here John.. EMC doesn't really care what you call the
axes so long as you tell it in the right files. I'm not near my EMC machine
at the moment but I think there is a line near the beginning of the .ini
file which specifies the naming of axes (and how many you want to use -
which could be anything from 1 -6). The letters or numbers you use are
completely arbitrary and you could set it up to use 'J, 2, and q' as axis
names if you want. The only problem with this is that you would have to
modify your g-code input accordingly.

Paul / Ray: Would it work with (or could be persuaded to display if not
accept as g-code input) real name strings like 'up', 'down' etc? Maybe this
would be useful to some and would be a 'feature' not in other software.
Also, did anything get resolved on the functioning of rotary axes - I seem
to remember that there was a problem with the ANGULAR setting not working
properly?

Best wishes,
Ian
--

Ian W. Wright
Sheffield, UK

The following added for automatic email harvesters!
abuse-at-worldatt.net abuse-at-prodigy.net abuse-at-bellsouth.net abuse-at-yahoo.com
UCE-at-FTC.GOV abuse-at-tesco.net abuse-at-freeserve.net