Re: Hi, and 2 questions (kinematics and look-ahead)

On 9/10/02 9:49 PM, "Jon Elson" <elson-at-pico-systems.com> wrote:

> Dave Engvall wrote:
>
>> Robin,
>> Good for you thinking about emc rather than XX.
>>
>> There is already table driven code for correction on the same axis but your
>> problem needs to relate correction in Z to X (and maybe Y). This would look
>> like a possible post-processor application (table driven or maybe
>> calculated).  Calibrating it other than assuming a loaded beam might be a
>> problem.  Just thoughts off the top of my sometimes rather blank head.
>
> No, you can't do this with a post-processor without breaking long moves into
> smaller segments, and then interpolating small moves into the supposedly
> stationary axis for each segment.  This sounds pretty cumbersome.  It
> would work, but the programming could get a bit tricky for all possible
> combinations of moves.
>
> Jon

Yes, quite right. Not the best solution but possible. Getting closer to the
real motion module is a cleaner way to go.
The point made about getting the wrong correction on a given machine, if you
have multiple machines to support, is still valid.

Dave