RE: Runaway z axis with steppers

   Hi Ray,

      I see the same thing on my machine as observation 1 below, but not 2.
Estop will stop all motion and the position stays at the commanded
position, no matter if there uncommanded motion, or not. Switching to other
modes will not stop uncommanded motion, however. Using manual to move the
axis, then when it begins an uncommanded movement switching to MDI or AUTO,
does not stop the movement.

      The uncontrolled movement is random in start direction, but then
moves at random speeds in whatever the start direction was. The
uncontrolled movement is not correlated to the previous commanded
direction. It will go negative, positive, or stop with no apparent
relationship to the previously commanded direction. The unctrolled movement
only begins at the end of a commanded movement. These observations are with
the manual mode set to "continuous".

       This problem was not observed with the previous BDI 2.04. In that
setup I used steppermod, instead of freqmod.

       I cannot comment on 3, as I do not have homeing switches on my
machine.

      73, Don....