compiling against RTAI

I'm trying to compile emc against RTAI without success.

Because rcslib/etc/rtaidir and rcslib/etc/linuxkerneldir can find my rtai
and kernel sources,
I've modified linux_rtai.def and rtai.def so that these both files have
correct values for RTAI_DIR and KERNEL_DIR.  Then I make PLAT=rtai under
rcslib/src and emc/src. That worked fine. After that I tried make
PLAT=linux_rtai under rcslib/src and emc/src. Both didn't work.  The error
message reads

            g++: cannot specify -o with -c or -S and multiple compilations

g++ tried to compile linklist.cc and emc.cc with both -c and -o flags.

I guess 'make PLAT=rtai' will give me the realtime part of emc, 'make
PLAT=linux_rtai' the nonrealtime part. Have I guessed wrong? Have anyone
compiled emc against rtai with success?

Cheng-Chang Wu