Von: emc-at-nist.gov [emc-at-nist.gov]Im Auftrag von Jon Elson
Gesendet: Mittwoch, 24. Juli 2002 07:30
An: Multiple recipients of list
Betreff: Re: Hardware with existing EMC drivers?

Cheng-Chang Wu wrote:

> Hi Till,
>
> may I ask why a PCI card is important to you? In my project I am
considering
> letting someone design a motion card for an 6U Compact PCI motherboard. On
> that motherboard there is a PCI-ISA passive backplane. I'm still not sure
> whether a ISABoard is enough or not.

If you HAVE an ISA bus available, it is certainly enough.  With a 333 MHz
Pentium II, I was able to demonstrate a 50 uS complete servo update cycle
on 3 axes.  that inlcuded reading the encoder positions and writing out the
the new DAC values.  You could have done 10 KHz servo updates and still
left 50% of the CPU available.  This was with an on-the-motherboard
IEEE-1284
parallel port.