Re: Interpreter failure

Peter

You guessed just right.  I did see your post and didn't look again.  I'm
on the road for a couple more days but when I get home, I'll look at
this right after I send out a bunch of bdi's.

I have used it with extra I/O logic so I'm sure that it will work to do
the stuff you need.  Tickle is rather easy at this level.

Ray

> Hi Ray and list.
>
> I was wondering if you looked at the tkio thing.. I guess you may have
seen
> my post saying that tkio started up no worries for me and you decided
not to
> worry about it.
>
> Well, I can say that tkio starts up ok and the little window with
heartbeat
> etc. gets going. Everything seems OK but I have been trying to set up
> hardware on the second parport (0x278)
> tkio does not seem to see the ports.
>
> When I use bridgeportio I can start ioshow and see what the bits are
doing.
> Everything goes fine and I can turn limit and estop switches on and
off.. I
> can make an old stepper motor out of a dead printer to turn on command.
> The only thing thaty doesn't happen is that the Estop send bit does not
> respond when the button is pushed, so I get a message saying something
like
> "The Estop send bit was read back and indicates bit is still set......
check
> connections port settings etc." (The program still comes out of estop. I
> ended up just editing the polarity of the bit to get rid of the message)
>
> Tkio seems to be completely port-deaf (and dumb)
>
> It would be good to find some more documentation about playing with
> tkio.tcl.
> I have tried to follow the stuff in the manual about inb and outb and iosh
> but I'm a tcl beginner.
>
> 8*d
>
> It would appear that if I can master this part of emc I can sort out some
> plc for my machine.
>
> thanks for your time and patience
>
> Peter Barrett
>

> > The last time that I ran tkio, there was some kind of problem with the
> code.
> > Seems like it had been crunched when it went thought someones
editor.  If
> you
> > get a message about that file, try bridgeportio for a day or so and
 I'll