RTLinux vs RTAI and EMC

Greetings,

I've managed to get a couple of test installations of EMC more-or-less
working:

1) RTL 2.3, Kernel 2.2.14, EMC 1.1-17 (RH6.2 base install)

2) RTAI 24.1.9, Kernel 2.4.18 EMC 2.1-16 (SuSe 8.0 base install)

It would seem, both from my compile & run results and reading this list,
that the RTAI + EMC  does not make steppermod.o.  Is this a temporary
problem?  Can I expect to see steppermod with RTAI in the future? (or
is it hopeless?)

In general I would prefer the RTAI+2.4.18 solution, the Kernel etc work better
with my hardware.  As of now however it looks like I need to stick with
the RTL to get steppermod.

Please comment.

Chris Wagner
clwagner-at-I.think.you.should.cut.thiS.eecs.wsu.edu