Re: BDI

Hi Dave

RedHat 6.0 will be fine for rolling your own install. I would suggest getting
a clean copy of the 2.2.18 kernel and using the rtlinux-3.0 patch. This
combination has been well tested now and is known to work.

Attempting to use the rtl-3.1 patch for 2.4.18 will put you on the bleeding
edge of both EMC and realtime linux. If you want to use the 2.4 series of
kernels, I would recommend rtai every time. If you find a bug in it, the rtai
team respond very quickly with fixes and updates. Don't expect this sort of
response from FSMLabs.

Regards, Paul.