Re: Alternative IO cards

Hi John

Just come back from a local computer fair - It is not just ISA slots that are
disappearing. One motherboard on sale had USD, Firewire, USB2, onboard sound,
video, etc,etc.. But no parallel or serial ports !
The only saving grace was the three PCI slots.

If this is indeed the future of motherboards, then alternatives must be found
soon for the IO we need for machine control.

Regards, Paul.