Re: EMC/RTLinux running under Debian.

Hi Ryan

Running KDE does impose a significant demand on a computer, and I would agree
that RedHat is not the finest or purest of distros. That said, anaconda (the
RH installer) is fairly easy to hack, and it can be customised to do a
minimal install. Using an embedded GUI would speed up the overall performance.

The BDI was never intended as a fast light install - Rather a stepping stone
for Windows users in to the murky world of Linux and EMC. Hence the choice of
KDE as the default GUI.

If you are planning on using a 2.4 series kernel, might I suggest you look at
using the rtai patch in stead of rtlinux - You get the opportunity of running
the latest kernel.

Regards, Paul.