Re: To Do List was EMC Cookbook

> From: Ray Henry <rehenry-at-up.net>
> Such a thing would be handy for visualizing machine motions on an imported
> program file.  It would also be handy while writing a part program.  I'd
> think that there would be plenty of immediate use for the "emc visualizer."

See:

http://users.nni.com/daveland/tclcnc_v1.tgz

for some preliminary work from Dave Anderson. We spoke on the phone recently
and he is back from a long business trip to Singapore. He said that perhaps
he would soon have some spare time to revisit his code and rework it to strip
out the machine control parts (now that tkemc works), and extend the CAM
parts which include the functions you are talking about.

> I'm still hung up on your idea from quite a while ago -- a micro mill using
> floppy drive steppers and slides.  It would be a great demo/toy.  Matt
> could walk into any office with his laptop and a briefcase and when the
> skeptic says, "Well I won't consider emc until I've seen it run a machine."
>  Matt could say, as he reaches for the briefcase, "Funny you should say
that."

I've been thinking of a cnc Clisby:

http://www.clisby.com.au/LatheMetal.html

Matt