stepper version of emc

Fred,
 	Could you describe the stepper version of the software ?  What kind of
interface will it use between the computer and the stepper drives?
(parallel port, isa card, etc..)  Can shaft encoders be used with it?
I have a few other questions about the general software:
  Would it be possible to implement a pitch error compensation table with
the code- to deal with cheap roll thread ball screws?
  Can the software be altered to mimic some common controllers such as
Fadal?

I haven't used the software yet... but do plan on using it later this year.
 Right now, I am using Maxnc software on an RF-30 mill/drill (with
steppers).  My plan is to buy a small bed mill and integrate the EMC and
servos. Penn Tool has a small bed mill (RF-45) for around $2100 that would
work.  I would like to use the cheaper roll thread ballscrews if a
compensation table could be implemented.

Thanks,

Dan Falck