Re: EMC/STG II homing problem

Keith,

BDI 2.12 gave no problems at all with homing speed and direction- it
responds perfectly to those bits set in the .ini.
I did not have to sign them.

It just blows right through the home switch actuation and
keeps going. Does the same if the home is tripped manually
before it gets there. I did that to check if there might be a
index pulse and home switch actuation right on top of each other.

In my application I really need the accuracy of using the
index pulse. My home switches are not designed for extreme
accuracy. By the way all this stuff works using my c code in
dos for the tech80 5638 dsp card. With a fast computer EMC
has the capability of outperforming it though.

I talked to Paul and Matt and I think the concensus is that
just a make of the EMCMOT in the proper directory will do-
as you suggest.

I have little knowledge of Linux file permissions, dependencies,
etc.

What I want to avoid is a full build using the latest CVS source
as it might have other changes and new bugs. Except for the
EMCMOT thing BDI 2.12 seems very solid so far- no lock
ups or anything yet. I have not exercised the g-code parser
completely but so far it seems fine. I want to stick to the
EMC versions on 2.12 (except for EMCMOT) for that reason.

Les

Leslie Watts
L M Watts Furniture
Tiger, Georgia USA