Re: kernel 2.4.17-rtai was Re: embedded emc

the RTAI-24.1.8 package has the patch for Linux-2.4.17
grab it from here
http://www.aero.polimi.it/RTAI/rtai-24.1.8.tgz
be sure to check the readme file in the patch directory there are
versions for i386 ,powerpc and mips architectures
i386 Linux wants patch-2.4.17-rthal5g

you can also disable the nvidia kernel framebuffer driver and use the
standard text console and the stock nv driver in XF86 4.0.x instead
(works with 2.4.5 anyway)
or try to apply the rtl patch on 2.4.4 and then hand patch it up to 2.4.7
but that may be more trouble than its worth

Brian