Re: BDI TNG

I'm a slackware fan myself - I've been able to get it up and running with a
minimum of hassle - (slack 7/Bigslack which installed EVERYTHING from zip
files toSlack 8 which requires I install a bit myself) and run it under
umsdos so I don't have to try to come up with another hard drive but for now
that one only works with uptp 2.2.19, 2.4??? can do nasty things to the file
system and then crash if run with umsdos. Because of that restriction I
personally would not be interrestd in anything for a 2.4 kernel - Brian has
been working on a slack install and when I find out what is wrong with my
kernel I should have it running. It sounds like he might be able to do it
with a couple tarballs which I think makes for the best install I have seen
under any OS. Install using the pkgtools under setup or go to / and tar -xzf
(seems to work... or should it be -xvf) and everything is in place in a
matter of a few seconds.

Pete