BDI TNG

Hi Folks

After banging my head against a problem Ray pointed out to me a while back, I
have come to the conclusion that a brand new BDI build is required. This will
be RedHat 7.2 based, with a whole bunch of new packages, but I have a
quandary - Should I use the latest 2.4.17 kernel with rtai or an old, buggy
2.4.4 with rtlinux-3.1 (or even 2.4.1 & rtl-3.0) ??
Using rtai means loosing steppermod, and will require a minimum computer spec
of ~233Mhz. Running a 2.4.x-rtl kernel will mean forgoing the advantages of a
journaling filesystem, but will run on lower spec computers.

Adapting the RH install shell is going to be a major nightmare so that both
options could be accommodated, and I'd rather not go that route - The
alternatives are to build an rtl-3.x kernel and EMC (either as an rpm or
tarball) and leave the user to manually install them. or drop rtlinux
altogether. The last option being my personal preference.

Comments please.

Regards, Paul.