Re: Probing

> Ray can and will!  Been out for a few days working on a wonderful
> bridgeport that was converted by Matt Shaver and will get back into the
> swing soon.

I've been busy with work as well.  I did get a chance to play a little last
night.

> I know nothing of the mtkclapp program so enlighten me with links and your
> thinking of how it would help us do this.  Tcl itself can spawn a c
> program, send it values, and wait for a return set of values easily enough.
>  However, if we can create a link from your c code into NML we can directly
> talk from your program to the running EMC.  This would eliminate the need
> for tcl to run at all.

After studying through mktclapp last night it and it might be easier to just
borrow some of the nml code from emcshell.cc and do the nml thing.
I may be wrong, but it looks like we would have to load the emc extensions
with mktclapp anyhow.  I tried a few test programs to return the emc_platform
string, no success.

Tonight I will try to build a standalone C app that will talk to emc.