Re: ZipEMC-02 update

Hi Brian

On Wednesday 16 January 2002 7:35 am, Brian Pitt wrote:

> had to put RTAI aside for now ,buildrcs stopped cold with an error here
> In file included from rtlnml.c:56:
> rtlnml.h:50: parse error before `rtainml_open'

I had a bunch of errors when trying to compile for a 2.2.x kernel - But
looking at rtlnml.c, I think I see the problem. I'll take this up with you
off list and work through the hacks (I wouldn't want to break the CVS
sources).

> couldnt see any good reason for it ,but I didnt dig too deep
> so I switched to rtlinux-3.1 instead

Any reason for not using rtlinux-3.0 here ?

> ./sim.run asks for rtl version ,gave it 3.1 and off we go
> so far so good now try rtsim.run
> not so good unresolved symbols ,try emc.run more unresolved symbols
> hmmm...

The unresolved symbols were ??
Some of these are dead giveaways as to the problem - If it is the rtl modules
that fail, try recompiling the kernel without Module Version set.

> OK next I'll drop back to rtlinux-3.0 and try again
> right now I'm gona find a nice soft spot to bang my head on

I'll lend you my pet brick wall <g>

Regards, Paul.