Re: Using Makefiles

Hi Kurtis

First thing to do is to recompile the rcslib sources - This will produce a
couple of very important files needed for the linking process in the EMC
compile (as well as putting all the headers in the right place).

I also compile the EMC sources before going back to make any changes. When I
have finished making changes, I do a:

make clean all PLAT=rtlinux_3_0 for any realtime code, and
make clean all PLAT=linux_2_2_18 for the nonrealtime sources.

Sometimes the changes affect a number of the modules, so I do a full
recompile of EMC - rcslib can be left well alone.

Regards, Paul.