Re: Learning BDI Emc - Outputs

Hi Ray,

From: "Ray" <rehenry-at-up.net>
> If you change the polarity of the home switch pin, it will do exactly what
> you are suggesting that it should.  If you use the stg or ppmc definitions
it
> will not only look for the home switch but a z index pulse as well.

Does this mean what I think it does, that you can already arrange within EMC
for the HOME position to need both a limit switch set and a pulse on the
axis to believe that the machine has truly homed? I had been thinking of
having to produce a set of little logic boards to AND the limit switch and
the signal to one coil of the motor together to get a reliable HOME
position. Will it work for all axes and with steppermod or frequmod?
Thanks,

Ian
--
Ian W. Wright