Porting to a STG board

I want to set up EMC with a servo-to-go 8 axis board.  I know that the
current stg dispatcher for motion functions already maps the limit and home
switch bits to specific inputs (extstgmot.c) but, I want to be able to port
the estop, lube, mist, coolant, as well as 8 turrett switches, carriage
up/down, and 3 analog inputs (0 - 10v) - for spindle speed, load, and
feedrate - to the stg board. The spindle should also be on an analog out
0 -10v.

Could someone please guide me to the starting place for such an endevour?

I thought I had help from a local computer instructor, but he doesn't have
enough time to figure out his way around in Linux or the EMC code. (He's too
busy at his day job).  Is there some way of looking at an overview of how
EMC controls the I/O so that I can look at only the files relevant to the
stg card and figure things out for myself?