Re: (re)compiling from source

Hello Chris,

cd to the directory containing the emc and the rcslib directories.

$ cat >> mybuildcmd
#!/bin/bash
cd rcslib && \
./buildrcs && \
cd ../emc/src && \
make PLAT=rtlinux_3_0 && \
make PLAT=linux_2_2_18
echo Finished
Hit CTRL-D
$ chmod a+x ./mybuildcmd
./mybuildcmd

I do not use the bdi distro, but I think it is kernel 2.2.18 + rtlinux_3_0,
if not, change lines accordingly.

If you do not have rcslib/buildrcs, use:

$ cat >> mybuildcmd
#!/bin/bash
cd rcslib/src && \
make PLAT=rtlinux_3_0 && \
make PLAT=linux_2_2_18 && \
cd ../emc/src && \
make PLAT=rtlinux_3_0 && \
make PLAT=linux_2_2_18
echo Finished
Hit CTRL-D
$ chmod a+x ./mybuildcmd
./mybuildcmd

For a more complete solutions with stdout/sterr redirection see the
install/compile scripts in emc/scripts/ for various examples.

I attached my own build script, but it is vor kernel 2.4 w/ rtai, so it is
only a small example.
In addition to that, there is a small script for you to show you how to
download the cvs source to the current directory. Beware to not override
existing things, use a different directory.

Regards
Max

--
Max Heise <max.heise-at-gmx.net>
Student Mechatronik/Automatisierungstechnik FHT Esslingen

buildcmd

emc.cvs.update.sh