Re: EMC Display, howto change to XYA, handbook

Hello Fred,

> I want to change the display within EMC, and heres what I want to do.
>
> Change the 0, 1, 2 in 3 axis, or 0, 1, 2, 3 in four axis to read X, Y, Z or
> X, Y, X, A
>
> I cant seem to see anything that is relevant in the INI file. Am I looking
> in the wrong place, where should I be looking, or can it even be done ?

I asked Fred Proctor the same for xyc a while ago , he described the
procedure/needed changes as follows:

In src/emcmot/trivkins.c:
int kinematicsForward(const double * joints,
                      EmcPose * pos,
                      const KINEMATICS_FORWARD_FLAGS * fflags,
                      KINEMATICS_INVERSE_FLAGS * iflags)
{
  pos->tran.x = joints[0];
  pos->tran.y = joints[1];
  pos->tran.z = 0; /* joints[2]; */
  pos->a = joints[2]; /* joints[3]; */
  pos->b = 0; /* joints[4]; */
  pos->c = 0; /* joints[5]; */

  return 0;
}

int kinematicsInverse(const EmcPose * pos,
                      double * joints,
                      const KINEMATICS_INVERSE_FLAGS * iflags,
                      KINEMATICS_FORWARD_FLAGS * fflags)
{
  joints[0] = pos->tran.x;
  joints[1] = pos->tran.y;
  joints[2] = pos->a; /* tran.z; */
  joints[3] = 0; /* pos->a; */
  joints[4] = 0 /* pos->b; */
  joints[5] = 0 /* pos->c; */

  return 0;
}

Recompile. Change your .ini file so that the display shows XYA.
COORDINATES =           X Y C
Now should you have x, y, a. Next you have change tkemc to display the
different axes. Look for emc_ and some code that looks like an index to axes
from 0 to 5. Unfortunately for you I do not have my changed tkemc here. I
recall that you have to change some default string too, something like "X0 Y0
Z0", I think it was something with offset, but do not count on that.

I'd be interested if someone else had some other clever way (TM) to make this
easier.

If this is not in the handbook, maybe you could write up your changes and
send it to the handbook maintainers.

Regards
Max

--
Max Heise <max.heise-at-gmx.net>
Student Mechatronik/Automatisierungstechnik FHT Esslingen